Friday, January 22, 2010

Ugh.

I hate to be Debbie Downer again, but I need to give some excuse for not posting in a few weeks.

Sunday night we had a huge snowstorm. Knee-high snow. A lot of power lines went down, and as of when I left on Friday afternoon, the electricity still hadn't come back on in my end of the village. I was sick with a nasty cough that was not improved by the cold dry air in the house and the dust from the fire that was constantly going. My cell, computer, and ipod were all dead by Tuesday afternoon. The school schedule changed so that classes were shortened to 30 minutes and we got out at noon (I guess because they couldn't cook in the kitchen) but I had to get ready in the dark every morning that I went to school.

On top of all this, my counterpart teacher quit to take a better job at a bank, completely abandoning the teaching career that she has attended Peace Corps conferences to improve, and leaving me high and dry for the moment.

Well, 2010 can only get better, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment