Thursday, July 30, 2009

My running water vacation

Hi all, I have been spending the week in Osh with my host sister, staying at the apartment of some relatives. It has been a nice change of pace from doing English clubs and such. I thought I would only be here for a day, but I ended up just staying here because there is a PC conference tomorrow. Running water is great! And so are the public pools that we have been going to a lot, even though they are not chlorintated (spelling?) and I have probably picked up some skin diseases. But what can you do to beat the heat?

Yesterday it was cloudy and breezy so we climed Suliman Too (Soloman's Mountain), a place where a lot of Muslims make pilgrimiges. It was very nice. There was an archeological museum there too that was interesting, if a little bit creepy. There were a lot of really bad examples of taxidermy.

Anyway, more on this later when I have my own computer and can spend some time writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment